[Buddha-l] Prapanca

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 10:06:56 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/14/2008 10:59:52 A.M. Central Standard Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

Yes,  that is my understanding of the Theravada tradition as well. The
practical  psychological problem I see with that is that it is impossible
to know of  oneself that one is in the grip of attached  obsessive
thinking.
===
In a daily meditation practice (dare I bring that up on this list?), one
very easily notices when our mindfulness falls away and we go off on some  mental
trip. This training helps us notice when we "are in the grip of  attached
obsessive thinking" in our regular life. More training, more noticing  in our
regular life.

jack

Awards. Go to AOL Music.