[Buddha-l] Being in Love

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 21:52:33 MST 2008

Wong Weng Fai wrote:

  “On Sat, 16 Feb 2008, jkirk wrote:

  > This idea is again nicely captured by Bhikkhu Bodhi: 'Nibbana
  > cannot be reached by backing off from a direct confrontation with samsara to
  > lose oneself in a blissful oblivion of the world.'

  Unfortunately this is also the excuse for lots of scandals and abuses.
  Guru to student: "I need to have sex with you. You do want to reach
  nirvana, no? Then that's the way."
  --------------------------------------

  I agree with you.  But this has a lot to do with abuse of power and exploitation, and nothing to do with love.

  Katherine

  Harsha Godavari wrote:

  “Aren't "the nine cemetary contemplations" a cure for this delusion?

  regards
  harsha Godavari”
  After reading S. Dhammika’s paper “Broken Buddha” (easily found online), it seems to me that this “cure” is worse than the “disease” of falling or being in love.

  Katherine