[Buddha-l] Being in Love

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 17 04:13:04 MST 2008

Catalina schreef:
>  attachment...isn't?
>
> I guess we can be attached to people or feelings or ideas or goals or whatever.  Those "temporary" attachments may helps us or not on being not attached later. I am thinking of examples as being attached to attain Nirvana or just enjoying doing meditation or so.
>
> I remember reading that Buddha told once to a disciple taking about third persons something like this:  If they think that doing yoga, or that and that can help them to be free of delusion, and they don't harm others doing so, then let them do.

Yes, but a very dangerous attachment. I cannot help feeling it's better
to be in love with your partner then with your country. If the latter is
the case, the youthcamps of Hitler, Stalin and Mao are just one step
ahead, and that is not a comforting thought. Off course these days the
most famous love-your-movement advocates are Hamas and the Taliban.

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950
Productie: http://stores.lulu.com/jehmsstudio