[Buddha-l] Prapanca

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Feb 23 16:00:24 MST 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008 14:30, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> We did meet once, many years ago at an AAR. On other occasions you have
> reminded me of what I said from the dais -- approvingly.

Yes, I often paraphrase what I think may be the funniest quip I've ever heard
in an academic presentation. As I recall you said it at the AAR in New
Orleans in 1996 or so. (I won't bore buddha-l readers with the details; they
would only think I had lost my mind for thinking the quip funny.)

Now that you remind me, I think some buddha-l regulars introduced us a couple
of years before that, perhaps in 1994 or so, probably hoping we might start
swinging at each other. (That was back in the days when our exchanges on
buddha-l were far less cordial than they are nowadays.) Alas, we disappointed
them. Not a single punch was landed, and no blood was left on the floor.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy