[Buddha-l] Kathavatthu I.1.1

connie nichicon at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 00:18:40 MST 2008

Hi, Rahula.

    So, for the Puggalavadin, the "person" is a paramattha dhammas? I would imagine that for them, there are five paramttha dhammas. Correct?

    If this is so, then I see the Puggalavadins have nothing against the concept of Anatta. Because, rupa is anatta, nama is anatta, therefore, "person" is anatta.

  Even if that might be so (and I can't quite agree), there would still be the question of anicca since I think they also would maintain that the person/soul continues to exist after death.  Sorry I don't know enough to give a good answer and would rather not guess too much.
  best wishes,
  connie