[Buddha-l] Energy and "The Word"

Kate Marshall marshallarts at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 5 17:52:28 MDT 2008

According to Sacred Geometry, Logos also means ratio. The only ratio that is
simultaneously one and with one is the golden section, otherwise known as
phi. Phi is defined as a line segment divided into two unequal parts such
that the ratio of the shorter portion to the longer portion is the same as
the longer portion to the whole. Phi is seen in the proportions of
butterflies and fish, water, DNA, our number of teeth, architecture,
philosophy, science, mathematics, and of course sound (in the form of
music). In fact phi crops up just about everywhere throughout nature. It is
at the basis of the underlying patterns of wave forms mentioned in one of my
earlier posts on this subject.

Btw, Phi is also responsible for how we perceive the various things of
creation in that the nerves of our different sense organs respond to
different ranges of frequencies.  Our different perceptual faculties are a
result of various proportioned reductions of one vast spectrum of vibratory
frequencies. These proportional relationships are seen as a sort of geometry
of perception.

As mentioned before, some early Hindus consider sound to be the first
element of creation, played as music (governed by phi) on Shiva's
double-ended drum.

Kate