[Buddha-l] Question for academic teachers of Buddhism

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 11:38:17 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/26/2008 12:01:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

> The  real problem, in my opinion, is not that Asian Buddhists engage in
>  devotional, ritualistic practices without "doing meditation" - but
>  rather that so many westerners think they can do meditation while
>  neglecting devotional practice.
===
The westerners (Thera)  I know try to follow the teachings of the  Buddha as
put down in the suttas. They (I include myself here) haven't found a  sutta
reference to a devotional practice so do probably neglect devotional  practice.
Can you supply us with one?

Jack