[Buddha-l] Tibetans are still fighting

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Wed Mar 19 13:11:10 MDT 2008

In Gansu province, which isn't even part of the "Tibet Autonomous Zone"
a crowd of over a thousand people tried to storm and government building
- part of this was filmed by a Canadian crew:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/19/tibet.unrest/index.html

I would respectfully suggest that non-Tibetans refrain from
hand-wringing over "violence" committed by Tibetans and also refrain
from side-line quarter-backing in general. We should simply support the
Tibetans in their struggle for freedom - and condemn the Chinese in
unequivocal terms.

google search results for "tibetans defy crackdown":
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tibetans+defy+crackdown&btnG=Google+Search

Curt Steinmetz