[Buddha-l] Tibet uprisings: staged violence?

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Mar 21 09:50:16 MDT 2008

The Tibetan Freedom Movement appears to be undergoing a dramatic
resurgence, after a 49 year Bardo.

The Chinese are masters of propopanda - and they would like nothing
better than to convince Tibetans (and everyone else) that the leaders of
this resurgence are just Chinese agents.

At the same time I am sure that there are lots of Chinese spies among
the Tibetans. One of the first things the Chinese did back in 1950 was
to actively recruit supporters among Tibetans.

Curt