[Buddha-l] Film: The Angry Monk http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2007/02/28/the-angry-monk/

Christopher Fynn cfynn at gmx.net
Mon Mar 24 01:53:35 MDT 2008

Robert Leverant wrote:

> Then there are barbarous acts worthy of the Spanish Inquisition overseen by
> high lamas. See: Friendly Feudalism: The Tibet Myth by Michael Parenti
> http://www.swans.com/library/art9/mparen01.html

Hi Robert

Parenti's article reminds me of the publications about "Feudal Tibet" Maoist
China produced in the 1960's - they even had a vividly illustrated full colour
book of the exhibits in the "exhibition of torture" which he talks about Anna
Louise Strong visiting.

Overall this view of Tibet is just as fictitious as the Shangri-La myth.

There is a rebuttal of Parenti's article at:
<http://studentsforafreetibet.org/article.php?id=425>

- Chris