[Buddha-l] A More Encouraging Read

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Thu Mar 27 12:32:03 MDT 2008

Franz Metcalf wrote:

>> Elliot Sperling, in a recent opinion piece published in the Times of
>> India (March 17th, 2008), has faulted the Dalai Lama for his
>> "political naiveté and desperation"

One can differ with His Holiness in a way that is respectful and that
encourages dialog - and I think that most people who support full
independence have expressed themselves in that way. I am puzzled by the
tone of Elliot Sperling's snide remarks about HHDL. Calling His Holiness
"naive and desperate" is, I think, not in any way representative of the
people who support Tibet independence.

Curt Steinmetz