[Buddha-l] Sharon Stone and Karma

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Thu May 29 14:25:34 MDT 2008

Now that the Chinese are "protesting" against Stone's remarks I'm
hedging. Obviously the Gods had no business taking it out on innocent
people - but I no longer see what Stone said as primarily a serious
metaphysical statement - but rather a (poorly expressed) political
statement about Tibet.

I have no doubt that she feels as much sympathy as anyone else for the
earthquake victims. But China is a vicious totalitarian state that has
not only brutally suppressed the Tibetan people for over half a century
- but is also responsible for a murderous campaign of extirpation
against Buddhism (and other religions) among 1/6 of the human race.
There ought to be some karma involved in that. Like the Rev. Jeremiah
Wright said, chickens eventually come home to roost.

Curt Steinmetz