[Buddha-l] buddhism and brain studies

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Nov 11 18:08:55 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 14:24 -0600, R B Basham wrote:

> I appreciated more 'The Other Richard' as a proselytizing USAn
> Democrat.
>
> Is there a mantra or blessing to exorcise his clinging Conservative
> Republicanism?

Sorry, but it is my duty to make life uncomfortable for whatever party
is in power. Now that the Democrats have won a comfortable majority in
both the Senate and the House and will soon have control of the White
House, I must get ready to change the target of my vitriolic spewing and
sputtering to Democrats. I'm quite confident they will have earned my
scorn and contempt by the end of January 2009.

But don't worry. As the Buddha never missed an opportunity to point out,
nothing is permanent. I fully expect that the Republicans will be
elected with an unprecedented amount of executive and congressional
power again in 2012, and I will once again be a raving born-again
Democrat spurting venom at President Palin.

--
One Richard among many