[Buddha-l] The Malaise of Modernity

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Tue Nov 18 07:24:10 MST 2008

Richard Hayes wrote:

> If you are talking about physicists and chemists and biologists and
> geologists, I could not agree with you more. (In other words, I share
> their prejudices.) If you are talking about pseudo-scientists, such as
> sociologists and social psychologists.....,

Wow Richard, there is one *glaring* omission here. How about
economists with their big, bulgy formulas? There is nothing that
inspires as much faith but deserves as little. As we were told in a
philosophy of science class, economics suffers from a severe case of
science envy.

Best,

Alberto Todeschini