[Buddha-l] The Malaise of Modernity

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Nov 18 11:37:38 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 02:22 -0500, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> Ah, so finally in your old age you are moving ever more closer to Nagarjuna.

I wouldn't say that. When I was twenty-five I was convinced that
Nāgārjuna had offered the best possible analysis of every metaphysical,
ethical and epistemological issue. In the thirty-eight years since then
nothing has made be change that assessment. So I would say that I'm
still Mādhyamika after all these years. (Didn't Paul Simon write a song
with that title?)

--
Richard