[Buddha-l] Fake Monks in Thailand

Lidewij Niezink lidewij at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 20:08:12 MST 2008

Yeah, silly me... i was still under the impression that monks are not
supposed to handle money and that laypeople are supposed to offer the best
they can for the sake of offering.... But hey, we're living in the 21st
century now! How about sticking that money in your own pocket as well while
you're at it.
What that has to do with American churches i do not know. As far as i
understand, those collection trays exist to collect money which is not the
case for begging bowls. But i know little about Christianity and even less
about American habits.

2008/11/21 Curt Steinmetz <curt at cola.iges.org>

> Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:
>
> > Not comparable Curt. I remember in my wild days ....
> >

> In the example at hand everyone else was giving money. So the two cases
> are quite comparable.
>
> Curt

Lidewij Niezink, PhD
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lniezink