[Buddha-l] FW: Buddhist ethics and genetic engineering

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Nov 26 19:42:07 MST 2008

Not to worry: the same people that recently speculated about
cloning a mammoth elephant from its hair remainder DNA, slowly
modifying its DNA so as to plant an embryo in the womb of a
regular contemporary elephant, have also begun talking about
cloning a Neanderthal human, by modifying some recently perhaps
viable DNA to conform to a chimpanzee as host mother.
These kinds of experiments and greedy ego-trip attachments are
outrages and should be outlawed, especially given the way humans
are endangering animal species and the environment on a daily
basis with no effective hindrance--not to ignore the obvious
ethical violations that would affect the victims of such
experiments.

No cheers, Joanna

Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:45 PM

Oh dear, I am so embarrassed!  The website is a hoax!  I found
that out at the PETA site.  A guy named Adam Brandejs designed
it.  My sincere apologies.
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/genpets.asp
http://www.brandejs.ca/index.php
But the questions I raised still stand