[Buddha-l] Apology and withdrawl.

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 15:27:09 MDT 2008

It has been pointed out to me that my comments on Buddha-L regarding Deshpande's book and my teacher reflect poorly on both them, and on me. My remarks were flippant and poorly thought out. Handouts from Coulson were given because most people have yet to obtain a copy of the book which has sold out locally, so can hardly be said to reflect on the text.

I am attending the classes by the good graces of my teacher, and the department at Cambridge and I am both embarrassed and deeply regretful for having suggested that they act with anything less than full integrity and professionalism. My remarks were flippant and unthinking. I'm mortified to think that my comments might get back to Deshpande himself.

I'd like to apologise for not thinking twice before posting my comments - it is one thing to be stupid myself, but another to try to drag others down to my level. I feel a bit sick to think that I've bitten the hand that feeds. I have enjoyed the classes and the challenge of learning Sanskrit and have probably spoiled my chances now of continuing.

If it is possible to remove my comments from the archive I would appreciate the moderators erasing them. Needless to say it would also be much appreciated if my comments were treated with the respect they deserve and sent straight to the recycle bin, and certainly not passed on to others.

sincerely
Jayarava