[Buddha-l] Be good for Godsake

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Apr 5 19:44:08 MDT 2009

Alberto wrote:

> For instance, one guy knows of
> several eye-witness reports that G. Bush senior is a shape-shifting
> reptilian. You can probably find his books about the reptilian
> conspiracy, which also includes the British royal family, Tony Blair and
> others.

One of my former students has a father living in a commune in northern
New Mexico who takes this fellow completely seriously. (They don't have
a lot of reality up in northern New Mexico, so these wild theories go
unchallenged for decades.) This particular conspiracy theorist is named
David Icke. My student gave me one of his books. It's the only book I've
ever had that I have thrown into the garbage (only because it wouldn't
flush down the toilet). Icke is an equal-opportunity hate-monger, but
like many such mad haters he is quite sure the Jews play a special role
in the unravelling of the universe. Take a look at
http://www.davidicke.com/index.php/ for an unpleasant taste.

Speaking of bizarre conspiracy theories, have any of you seen "The
Secret of the Phoenix"? It's all about how a complex conspiracy of
Freemasons, Roman Catholics, Rosicrucians and Theosophists, beginning
with George Washington, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson and ending with
F.D. Roosevelt and his seemingly benign wife, planned (yes, PLANNED) the
collapse of the American economy that is taking place right now so that
Lucifer could gain control of the planet earth and control it from the
star Sirius. I may have some of the details a little scrambled, so you
may want to do a fact check by going to a website that promotes the
video. One site is
 (http://www.survivormall.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=549)

Next time someone asks you "Are you Sirius?", be careful how your
respond. Could be someone trying to pin you down as a member of the
dreaded Illuminati. (Coming from a fairly long line of Freemasons, and
being related to the Roosevelts, George Washington and the Bush family,
I am probably a certifiable carrier of reptilian DNA and no doubt
brainwashed by all manner of Luciferian and Satanic dogmatism. In fact,
many of you may wonder what my real motives were in starting up buddha-l
in 1991. BWAHAHAhahaHAhaaaaaaa.

> There are also more sinister or downright frightening people
> there, like the interviewee who thinks it's good to shoot people to
> prevent abortion.

My neighbor's car has a bumper sticker that says "Killing doctors does
not make you pro-life."

Today, however, I saw a bumper sticker that I truly envied. It said
"Bumper sticker".

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy