[Buddha-l] FW: ;sa;svat. Was Eternalism

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Apr 11 10:23:44 MDT 2009

Thanks for further on this fascinating topic. I'm giving up, but took in everything suggested.
Speaking of Aajivikas, didn't the Buddha debate with one or two of them? Refraining from action is also a Jain idea, isn't it?

It would be fun to write a detective story based on a philologer doing detective work on some etymology, and then (of course) suddenly finding a purloined safe stashed in among the dusty treatises. But who'd read it? No blood, no buyers.

Best, Joanna