[Buddha-l] What's the use of buddha-l?

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sun Dec 27 11:45:26 MST 2009

Stan,

You put it so beautifully that I can only echo with my vote for
Yes!
My feelings exactly.
With Margaret, I find this to be as close to a Buddhist local as
one can get cybernetically.
Also, if one has some technical question, this is the place to
ask if one isn't on H- Buddhism, and many of us aren't. None of
the other sites are as useful in this respect. Even scholars on
the Indology list sometimes put queries on matters Buddhistic
that often don't get replies. Usually one does get replies here,
some of them both scholarly and funny.

Sign me,
JK--another gnarled old specimen

My judgment is that Buddha-L enriches cyberspace simply by being
what it is.  I have a deep respect and appreciation of all who
participate in this forum.  There comes a time in the spiritual
life when results are no longer the point, but communio is, and
where it shows itself as it is, there is a simplicity, beauty,
and depth that truly resounds throughout the cosmos.  The sort of
uselessness that attends this reminds me of Chuang Tzu's gnarled
old tree.

Stan Ziobro