[Buddha-l] How Gallup, Pew & Templeton Pro$elytize in the Guise of "Research"

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Sun Dec 27 23:13:18 MST 2009

FWIW, survey items about religious practices, including beliefs, seem
extremely prejudicial in the USA. Typically, I struggle with the
questions as well as the selection of responses. The old BeliefNet was
worldly in contrast to two, perceived as ignorantly Abrahamic
chauvinistic ones, that I completed in the last year. These weren't
fraudulent as was a recent Republican Party solicitation full of
polarizing crap pretending to be a national 'survey'.

However, let's face that 'God', for example, varies in meaning and
meaningfulness to atheists, ..., and polytheists. Similarly, for
'prayer', again as an example, to atheists, ..., to even between
Abrahamics, Hindi, ... , and so on. Point being to rely on Abrahamic
semantic sets and constructs is bias and is prejudicial when applied
beyond those-of-like-mind.

OTT, everyone has valid points on this when they have spoken for
themselves.

Richard Basham