[Buddha-l] Buddhist words for "Buddhist"

Dante Rosati danterosati at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:53:16 MST 2009

I dunno, but I was told by a Tibetan Lama that people who have the
karma to be born in a Buddhist culture, but are of low intelligence,
are born in places like Burma, while those of high intelligence are
born in Tibet. On the other hand, I took a palm leaf manuscript to a
Burmese Buddhist temple in Brooklyn to get help in identifying it, and
the Bhikhku there, upon learning that I studied Tibetan Buddhism,
invited me to come to his center regularly, to learn "the real
Buddhism". (sigh)