[Buddha-l] Master Sheng Yen passed away

Weng-Fai Wong wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Wed Feb 4 00:57:22 MST 2009

In traditional Zen style, this is the death-bed stanza of the Venerable
Sheng Yan:

无事忙中老
空里有哭笑
本来没有我
生死皆可抛

My lousy translation:

"In a carefree (pointless?) hustle, one grows old.
 In emptiness, there is tears and laughter.
 As it is, there is no self.
 Both life and death can be abandoned."

W.F. Wong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheng-yen