[Buddha-l] Singapore Buddhism Bibliography?

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:03:17 MST 2009

Dear Peter,

Since you are in Singapore, The ISEAS (Pasir Panjang side) has a good
collection of such books. The Library however only allows staff and those
doing theses to us it/I usually submit one of my paper every time I need to
use it.

On the other hand, the National Library system has a good collection of
Buddhist books, too. You have to do a search through their online system.

Off hand I can only think of two for your purposes:

(1) Kuah-Pearce, Khun Eng, "State, Society, and Religious Engineering:
TIwards a Reformist Buddhism in Singaopre." (2003)

(2) YD Ong, Buddhism In SIngapore, a short narrative history (2005).(Heavy
on the Chinese contribution),

(3) I'm more familiar with the 1980s (Buddhist Studies in secondary school,
etc), with which I was directly involved..

Best wishes,

Piya