[Buddha-l] Buddhist Personality Types

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Feb 11 11:19:21 MST 2009

On Tue Feb 3 at 11:56:27 MST Richard B. Basham wrote:

> Tricycle announced the Spring Online Edition with a 'What Buddhist
> Personality Are You?' quiz according to commentary by Buddhaghosa.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

Just for the hell of it, I took the personality quiz and discovered what
the answers indicated my type is (strongly delusional with a subtype of
ferociously angry). The prescription given by Buddhaghosa for that type
was precisely the set of practices I do (which proves they don't work,
or I wouldn't be so delusional after all these years). They are also
exactly the practices recommended for my enneagram type (type nine) by
Riso and Hudson in their book on the wisdom of the enneagram.

All this proves something important: when I have work to do, I really
know how to waste time.

Richard