[Buddha-l] Sangharakshita's memoir

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 19:15:29 MST 2009

Curt,

Yes, words can be made beautiful, that is because we can connect with what
is beautiful within ourselves. We are childlike loving things beautiful. But
there can be those who use them as sweets to entice the child in us seeking
what they lack in themselves.

For this reason, the Buddhist teachings remind us that though we may begin
at the world level, we need to look deeper, and beyond, so that we are
emotionally independent in the end.

The streamwinner is often described as one emotionally independent.

Metta,

Piya Tan