[Buddha-l] buddha-l Digest, Vol 48, Issue 37

J Whalen-Bridge john.whalenbridge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 22:44:18 MST 2009

 I was at HHDL teachings in Dharamsala in September and he discussed love of
George W, but the clear context was that we should...try to find what is
admirable about a given person and not practice hate.  A form of political
lojong.  The best thing George W. did was support Central Tibet
Administration with public shows of support, much to the displeasure of the
PRC.  It was a symbolic gesture of course--one doesn't want to lose a good
seat at the Olympic ceremonies--but it was a thought with which one could,
if one were the temporal head of a nation in exile, use to generate
gratitude rather than resentment.
   I'm pretty sure the folks in McCleod Ganj know Obama won the election!
Happy Losar (unless you are boycotting)

JWB