[Buddha-l] the Maitreya Project - once again...

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 18:14:12 MST 2009

Dear Jessica,

I'm really glad to know of someone, that is, yourself, who is doing some
systematic study of how such mega-projects as the Maitreya project are
affecting others. Reminds me of how the Dhammakaya are affecting the poor
farmers in Thailand.

Some years back I was offered the job of the Maitreya project funds
coordinator for Singapore. I immediately turned it down. The reason is
simple: this is still the time of Shakyamuni, and secondly Maitreya is not
yet Buddha.

Thank you for your humanitarian concerns, we need more people like you for a
more truly compassionate Buddhism.

I have cc-ed this email to the Maitreya project Singapore representative.

A very happy new year.

With metta,

Piya Tan