[Buddha-l] Enneagram and Buddhism

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Jan 10 14:02:24 MST 2009

jkirk schreef:

No--Richard wrote this:
> "New Age religion is simply what religion looks like when
people are
> allowed to think whatever they please. Much of it is unedifying
in the
> extreme, but the messiness of spiritual anarchism is much to be

> preferred over the alternatives proposed by those who like
their
> spiritual trains to run on time. "

Joanna (referred to usually as jkirk on this list even though
others are referred to by their name--oh well, a rose by any
other name, etc) wrote this:
> Good to know that the reams of new agers who started their
rebellions
> in the 19th c if not earlier weren't anywhere near as
hierarchical as
> the versions we'd been discussing--the enneagramographers and
the
> other one (Jungian I think it was).
> I'm for messiness. Keep the pot boiling.
> Joanna

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligned with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
... the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, remember?
And before during the Theosophists who coined the term, it would
have been the age of Krishnamurti.

Erik

=======
Yes, people love to create Ages of this 'n that-- the logic in
our languages creates the urge for classification.
jkirk