[Buddha-l] Enneagram and Buddhism

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Jan 11 12:12:02 MST 2009

I took a look at Daniel's website, and see that you have to pay
to play.

Joanna
=====================

.......As others have said.  You can jack around with any
instrument, and on any given day,
you're more or less likely to have a different view of yourself.

Enneagram awareness
is built over time, not garnered quickly at the tip of a
pencil....much as most dharma practitioners don't find their seat
for some period of practice.s

Dr. David Daniels of Stanford at
http://www.enneagramworldwide.com/
has done some of the work I think scholars here may appreciate.

Again, I see over and over in this extended thread, the idea that
'typing' is a parlor game.
Only if thats what you want it to be.  Its a useful tool if you
have a use for it.  If not, leave it in the bag until you're
ready.

Timothy Smith
Wheelwright Associates

www.wheelwrightassoc.com

> Vicente is right--the practice of dharma doesn't need
personality
> typing. While some people find it to be useful in helping them
toward
> insight, it might also be misguiding. And, one can fiddle
around with
> the questionnaire. Has any psychoanalyst or psychiatrist
written a