[Buddha-l] (no subject)

Perennial Favorites anemone at ghvalley.net
Wed Jan 21 07:49:17 MST 2009

The tendency of the unhealthy four is to dwell
> on one's victimhood and suffering. Their favorite song is "Nobody knows
> the trouble I've seen,"
  and their least favorite is Dylan's "Dear
> Landlord," especially the line that goes "I know you've suffered much,
> but in this you are not so unique." Bob Dylan, by the way is supposed to
> be a Four with a strong Five wing. Does that make you feel any better?
> (Imagine how I felt when I discovered that a fairly representative Nine,
> my type, was Ronald Reagan. I damn near committed sewerpipes.)
>
> --
> Richard Hayes

Ha. Well, yes, it does make me feel better.

Diana Capen

When crows find a dying snake,
They behave as if they were eagles.
When I see myself as a victim,
I am hurt by trifling failures.

         ---Shantideva  (by way of Stephen Batchelor)