[Buddha-l] Conze's Memoirs

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 07:54:35 MST 2009

Thanks, Diana, Joanne, Chris (Switzerland 1971 !!!???  :-o ).  Getting back to Conze, of course I can appreciate that he was born in a time when very few men thought well of women's rights.  What struck me was that Wikipedia actually stated he was against feminism rather than taking it for granted, as most biographies of the Wiki category "1904 births" would show.  I'm wondering if Conze said, wrote or did something outrageously misogynistic for the Wiki author to have made that statement.  Just curious ....

Katherine