[Buddha-l] modern buddhist teachers

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Jul 2 16:32:59 MDT 2009

> What about Sogyal Rche, Namkhai Norbu or Tartang Tulku?
> It has been long since I've been in touch with their fans.
Perhaps
> Norbu is not a good candidate because he has become a lot more
> traditional than he used to be.

I would certainly include Namkhai Norbu not only because he was a
professor at a western university, *but also because he's
revealing terma cycles that are intended beings in the west.* If
you agree with the idea that 'there are no enlightened people,
only enlightened action(s)', you'd be hard-poised to find more
skillful enlightened action in a teacher.

Steve Feite
Steve........
"*but also because he's revealing terma cycles that are intended
beings in the west.*"

What's that?

Joanna