[Buddha-l] Useful for Enlightenment?

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 08:32:10 MST 2009

For some reason a lot of us on this list seem to gravitate toward this topic of Scholars-and-Practitioners every now and then.  I think it was back in June 2007 that somebody posted something on the necessary balance among pariyatti (study of the teachings), patipatti (practice of the teachings) and pativedha (realization of the teachings).
I don’t remember who the author of the post was.  I’m pretty sure it was from June 2007 because I have some personal notes in a Word file on my computer to that effect from that month and year.  Unfortunately, I didn’t record the author.
Technical problem:  I just tried to open my previously downloaded monthly archives (automatically saved in WINRAR) and none of them opened.   I can open each month individually from the archives page, but then I have to sift through each thread individually.  Any suggestions?
Katherine