[Buddha-l] tuesday

Gary Gach gary.gach at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:15:36 MST 2009

many thanks to the noble listmembers who backchanneled me with both errata
in my hasty post (i'm backlogged and speeding) and useful suggestions

am still curious ... and it's relevant to the recent topic of pariyatti ...
vaguely how many programs [departments] of buddhist study might dot the
halls of academe today?  [rough estimate; approximate snapshot].

albert, i'll ask if the buddhist channel might be interested in offering its
server as a host.  i know for a while we were hosting ashoka.  i'll back
channel you.

having said that, i might throw out to the group the possibility of the
channel considering writers and editors in the future.  i don't know if i'd
ever mentioned that here before.  interviewers, movie reviewers, book
reviewers, regional reporters/editors, op-eds, etc.

and i'm with you, mr. wong.  practice and study can easily serve as mask or
fodder for further inflation of, or infliction of, the disease they
seemingly seek to eradicate.

Gary Gach, International Advisory Panel
http://BuddhistChannel.tv

b l o g :