[Buddha-l] Useful for Enlightenment?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Mar 3 11:54:53 MST 2009

 I *have* the pdf on my computer, but do not believe I can
legally share it (certainly not with a class of students,
anyway). They are left to the wilds of the internet and my
information rots in its pulpy prison.

So let us cheer the demise of the $150 book, but not replace it
with the $40 pdf!

Franz
=======================
Hi Frantz,

Hmm. Do you think that the publisher would actually spend the
bucks to sue you if you modified the pdf here and there (perhaps
shortening it as well) and then forwarded it to the teacher? IMO,
perhaps not universally agreed, this would be a fair use for
educational purposes. Fair use for such purposes is widespread. I
made use of it myself in my publication;  haven't come across
anyone who got arrested for (c) violation in such instances.
(Oh wait---was that a knock on my door? Eh..)

Best,
Joanna