[Buddha-l] Translating the Words of the Buddha conference

Christopher Fynn cfynn at gmx.net
Sat Mar 21 02:39:41 MDT 2009

Jayarava wrote:
 > --- On Fri, 20/3/09, Christopher Fynn <cfynn at gmx.net> wrote:
 >
 >> Landmark Translation Conference Draws World’s Leading
 >> Translators to Remote Himalayan Region...
 >
 > Did anyone else imagine this being read in the voice of the movie
trailer guy...?

 > JR

The influence of Hollywood is there - Dzongsar Khyentse, the lama
hosting this conference, is after all the maker of a couple of movies
("The Cup" and "Travellers & Magicians").

Some of the speeches on the discussion board at:
<http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=59296950597> are better than the
blurb - which does go over the top. I think they are trying to attract
patrons to help sponsor the project ~ and perhaps they think this kind
of promotional language gets rich people to open their wallets.

- Chris