[Buddha-l] FW: beauty--or art-- (?) and the restraint of thesenses

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Wed May 13 08:13:10 MDT 2009

Jayarava schreef:
> --- On Tue, 12/5/09, Erik Hoogcarspel <jehms at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>

>>> Wasn't it more to do with opium or ether than nature per se? ;-)
>>>

>> Certainly not, you barbarian! ;-)
>>

> I'm not a barbarian. I'm a hick!

Thanks for the word, but be carefull, you might move yourself into
places where you don't want to be. The dictionary associates you with
the former president of the U.S. of A. :-)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hick

Being a guttersnipe myself I know all about phoney poetry. Some of my associates made a living from it. I suppose today it's hiphop. I suppose the Buddha would not endorse this kind of art. But there is good poetry and it doesn't have to be Śantideva or Aśvagoṣa.

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950
Productie: http://www.olivepress.nl