[Buddha-l] Meanwhile Down Under

Weng-Fai Wong wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Wed Nov 4 01:00:28 MST 2009

I sense another of "East vs West" split here. For Western Buddhists, having
a bhikkhuni Sangha seems urgent, if not a must. For a lot of Asian Buddhists
(esp. in Theravadan countries), however, it seems less pressing. In Thailand
itself, the Sangha council there faced little or no (local) pressure in
saying "no" to it.

W.F. Wong