[Buddha-l] Meanwhile Down Under

Jampa Tsedroen JampaTsedroen at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 02:21:54 MST 2009

L.S. Cousins schrieb:
> We should note that Wat Pah Pong would have had little choice about
> this. It is illegal in Thai law to ordain bhikkhunis and the monastery
> would otherwise certainly have been shut down. Note also that this is a
> matter of secular law, not of the Sangha.
>
> Lance Cousins
As far as I know, this secular law (from 1926?) is not valid in
Australia. Furthermore I heard from a scholar on Thai studies that this
law is no longer valid.

Please note this forthcoming publication:
http://gobeyondwords.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/history-in-the-making/

--
Bhikshuni Jampa Tsedroen (Dr. phil. Carola Roloff)
Committee of Western Bhikshunis (CWB)