[Buddha-l] curious

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Mon Nov 23 08:47:13 MST 2009

Hi Erik,

I'm surprised at closing of temples as I'd thought I heard
somewhere that Buddhism was on the rise again in China since it's
low during the cul. rev.
But paintings of the imperial family? that's a big surprise since
the government still claims to be a communist system. You mean
the Manchu Dowager Empress and relatives?

JK
=================

Hi Joanna,
In China many temples have been closed, so it's not surprising
that there are a lot of statues for sale. The ones on the
photograph don't look very old or precious. In such marketplaces
the amounts of Mao souvenirs and paintings of members of the
emperial family are usually much higher.

erik

JKirkpatrick schreef:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/gallery/2009/nov/22/1?picture=3559
> 22683
>
> Does anybody know if these items are fakes or thefts from
various