[Buddha-l] curious

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Mon Nov 23 08:49:55 MST 2009

On Nov 23, 2009, at 9:41 AM, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:

> In China many temples have been closed, so it's not surprising
that
> there are a lot of statues for sale. The ones on the photograph
don't
> look very old or precious. In such marketplaces the amounts of
Mao
> souvenirs and paintings of members of the emperial family are
usually
> much higher.

Probably even Mao memorabilia fetches less on the open market
than Michael Jackon relics. It stands to reason. Mao was not
nearly so good a dancer. That notwithstanding, I still prefer the
Little Red Book to Thriller. I guess my taste shows which
generation I belong to.

Richard
______

Seems I recently heard on radio that there was a huge auction of
M Jackson materia memorabilis (did I get that one right? probably
not) somewhere in or near China and things were going for
outrageous bids?

JK