[Buddha-l] bodhi

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 27 11:40:46 MST 2009

Eric,

> I disagree. There are explanations for the fact

Ok. This time I will seriously recommend you either take a course in
remedial reading, or disconnect the "reply" button in your email. This is
the second time you've falsely accused me of something.

I provided information on an *historical* model, which was the model
presumed to be the case by many ancient and medieval authors, and thus
should be the model we use to inform ourselves how to properly read and
understand what they wrote. I not only pointed that out, but provided links
to accounts of the 11th c. Arab philosopher and scientist who is credited
(in the Islamic and Western world) with having been the first to
conclusively falsify that model so that science could march on, and some
handicapped reader in the 21st c. could say he "disagrees" with that model
without embarrassing himself or being required to show scientific proof.

>> So the light model does not conform to transcendent other-power paradigm
>> both you and Artur are wary of.
>>
> Creative interpretation, you 're ripe for Oprah.

When she runs a show on handicapped readers and false accusers, I'll
recommend you.

Dan