[Buddha-l] Josaphat & Buddha

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 30 08:22:45 MST 2009

Richard Hayes schreef:
> On Nov 30, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Chris Fynn wrote:
>

>> I don't know about conclusive evidence but the Catholic Encyclopedia
>> seems to have accepted the link between the latter and the Buddha
>> <http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encyclopedia_%281913%29/Barlaam_and_Josaphat
>>

> If the Catholic Encyclopedia says it (or said it in 1911, the edition
> cited by Wickedpedia), it has to be true, since all pages with errors
> on them burst spontaneously into flame lest pious believers be led
> astray.
>
> Richardophat

Henk Blezer was aware of both Josaphats and made sure that the one whose 'relics' are stored in Antwerp is the Indian one. It's not uncommon in Catholicism for different saints to have the same name.

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950
Productie: http://www.olivepress.nl