[Buddha-l] nytimes review of pbs The Buddha

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 14:11:45 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 12:00 -0600, Richard P. Hayes wrote:
> A matter of idle curiosity (not to be confused with idol curiosity):
> Why has everyone in the world become so negative and grumpy? Is it
> because we're all getting old, arthritic and flatulent?

Yes, Richard (The Younger), getting old is a trial as you MAY be more
aware of when you are my age and possibly Peavler's (depending on
whether you were honest in describing his decrepitude as depended on by
spiders, etc.). As for me, I was grumpy when young and am quite attached
to it. On another hand, flatulent (now that I have looked up the term)
must be a personal state, one of those "that's" except for those for
whom it is a "this".

BTW, any truth to a rumor that McCain is offering citizenship and
university positions to outsiders who work for his re-election
campaign?

Richard Basham