[Buddha-l] nytimes review of pbs The Buddha

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Apr 8 07:53:28 MDT 2010

On Apr 8, 2010, at 2:38 AM, Graeme Lyall AM wrote:

> I have not seen the Grubin film, however I have found the BBC documentary on the "Life of the Buddha" informative and useful for teaching situations.

I haven't seen that one, but now that you have provided a link, I'll look for it. Quite a few years ago I found The Long Search series very good. The segments on Buddhism were especially good. (I still quote the senior monk talking about the training of new monks, saying "When they get above themselves, we help them back down.")

Richard