[Buddha-l] on not-dwelling mind (Dan Lusthaus) (Dan Lusthaus)

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 10 04:00:04 MDT 2010

> On the phrase here xin wu suo zhu, you say, ... I was wondering if it
> could be a full sentence, such as "The mind abides nowhere." etc.

Yes.

> these four words ...how might they be differently interpreted ...)?

Sky's the limit. Unlike Sanskrit, where gender, declensions and other
inflections tie certain words together is specific relationships, each
Chinese character can be a world unto itsefl, so that how it is taken to
relate to the words near it is determined each time by its neighbors
(syntax). As the neighborhood changes...

Dan