[Buddha-l] nytimes review of pbs The Buddha

Steve Hopkins stephen.hopkins at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 09:02:18 MDT 2010

Which brings to mind something from the incomparable Robert Stone's
fascinating memoir, 'Prime Green'.  Writing of his time at the New
York Daily News, Stone recalls 'pinned to a billboard at the chief
copy editor's head (a) yellowing proof of an ancient headline that
bespoke a wholesale dismissal of copy editors long ago. PENIS
MIGHTIER THAN SWORD, it read.'  A warning to us all, I'm sure.

Regards,

Steve Hopkins

[Mandatory Buddhist Content: Anyone who has read 'Dog Soldiers' will
know the riches of its twin Christian and Buddhist perspectives.
'We're in a bit of a bind in terms of the idea of God. In a way we
want one, and in a way we're damn glad there isn't one. And probably
damn lucky.'  R. Stone, 1977.]