[Buddha-l] As Swami goes, so goes the nation? (Dan Lusthaus and Richard P. Hayes)

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 22 23:26:08 MDT 2010

> This is clever of Richard, and he has succeeded in getting you to correct
> his error with no apparent effort.
> Stan Ziobro

It's only clever if it distracts people from checking the archives, in
whichever location they are stored. But I suspect buddha-l-ers are familiar
enough with Richard's pronouncements to be able to tell the caricatures from
the legitimate characterizations all on their own. For instance, perhaps
slightly reworded: "Richard gives gold stars to any prominent person who
trash-talks the US, even repressive dictators and mass murderers" will give
him less wiggle-room deniability. In any case, whoever is also a fan of such
trash-talkers will root for Richard's wiggling. Those not so inclined will
simply see the wiggling for what it is.

It's important to not overlook how much we agree on some basic Buddhist
topics, which is why we enjoy sparring about the rest.

Dan